Sunday, July 31, 2011

Only words

I never simply post here without pictures, and sometimes I think I should. So many great things happen day to day, and I forget them almost immediately. I hate that. For instance, Kai was a handful this morning. He would allow Jackson no peace. Jackson tends to hide under the bed as a general rule because he never knows how the psycho will be on any given day. (I use the term psycho loosely for high energy, maniacal laugh). Today, as he hid under the bed, I heard a hollow thump resounding through my bedroom only to look over and see that Kai had shimmied under the bed and popped Jackson soundly on the nose with his plastic hammer. He immediately cut his eyes at me because he knows that's not okay. And he loves Jackson. After his requisite scolding, he moved on to the living room where he got eerily quiet. I crept around the corner to take a look, and he was half way up the steps playing with the light switches. Like I said, it's been a long day. The best thing about all of this is that he knew he was skating on thin ice, and he knew what to do. Right after the Jackson incident, and right before the light switch fiasco, he sidled up to me and requested a kiss. First time ever. What a Lothario.

No comments:

Post a Comment