Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kai is Coming!


I am new to this, and new to sharing news so publicly. It's a little strange. Though I've used Facebook forever, I always edit what I say because my students follow EVERYTHING. And then we talk about it.... :). This isn't something I'm totally ready for them to know. Though I will say if I run into them, it will be hard to hide... We are expecting a baby boy on November 1st. This is news we've kept to ourselves (or at least we think we have...haha) for many months because of losing Cade around the same time last year. The second time around is much scarier. So far, everything looks great. We are 22 weeks along, and he is quite the mover-much more so than Cade ever was. I think we have a very different baby on our hands.... :). I am posting some pictures of the ultrasounds. I am also going to post pictures of Cade for those of you who did not get to meet him.




Every time we have seen him so far, his hand has been in his face. We can't tell for sure, but we think he may be an avid thumb sucker...haha.



Our ultrasound technician, Cathy, thought he was a boy at thirteen weeks, and she confirmed it at both the seventeen week appointment and the twenty two week appointment. Judging by this, I think she's pretty sure!



This is Cade. For those of you who don't know, he was born on October 21st, 2008, and he died the next day. We didn't know anything was wrong, so, naturally, we were stunned. The thing that made it so hard was that he looked so perfect. He weighed 5 pounds, 12 ounces, and he was 19 1/4 inches long. If we had carried that child to term he would have been HUGE. Losing Cade was, by far, the worst thing I have ever experienced. But, in losing him, we have had the opportunity to meet his brother, and for that we are grateful. If I had my choice, I would have them both (how crazy would that be...haha), but since that isn't the case, we will set about raising Kai knowing that he has an extra special angel watching over him.





























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have joined the blog world. :) I love seeing the pics of your beautiful boys! Can't wait to read the posts to come!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that picture of Cade is just so sweet. He is beautiful! I'm so glad you have started a blog and can share with us about Cade & Kai! I love how you all decided on Kai's name too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful boy! Welcome blogger...I can't wait to see more posts...I also love the name Kai!:)

    ReplyDelete